Due to the current COVID-19 situation, please use extreme caution in coming to the masjid. If you or anyone you have been in contact with is showing any symptoms, please do not register for jumuah salah. Our team is monitoring the latest guidance from state and county officials and consulting with local physicians. If precautions are not taken, or if strict rules and guidelines of security and facilities staff are not followed, we may have to close the Masjid again.
Age restrictions, health conditions and mask requirements
1. Male ages between 12 and 65; no sisters at this time as it is not mandatory for them to attend Jumuah
2. No fever, cough or any other COVID or flu-related symptoms for a week up until the day and time of the Jumuah
3. Pre-registration is required to attend salah
4. Face mask required and worn at all times, from the time you arrive and depart the parking lot and for the entire duration of your stay in the masjid
5. Socks required
6. Prayer rug optional, a paper sheet will be provided for sujood if you dont have a prayer rug
7. Make wudu at home, bathrooms will be closed to prevent germs from spreading
1. Before Jumuah day, please register as a Masjid Jafar Salat attendee at https://masjidjafar.membercheckins.com. Provide an email and password to register.
2. Confirm your registration by clicking on the link sent to your email; allow a few minutes to receive this email and be sure to check your Spam folder. If you do not recieve this email after several minutes, please reach out to Br Naeem.
3. Once registration is complete, visit the above website and Sign In with your email and password. Once signed in, you will see your QR code. You will need to show this QR code (or a printout of it) when you enter the masjid. Make sure you bookmark this website to access your QR code for future needs.
4. Registration is mandatory and you need to show your QR code to attend Masjid Jafar. Note that completing registration does not guarantee entry to the masjid as it depends on allowed capacity limit, age, current health conditions and other requirements.
Guidelines for attending Jumuah on Friday
1. There is only ONE Jumuah salat at this time
2. The capacity for Jumuah (with physical distancing) is only 40 people (including volunteers), so arrive early
3. Please arrive by 1.45 pm at the masjid parking lot and line up at the masjid entrance with physical distancing
4. Keep the QR code pulled up on your phone or in a paper printout ready
5. At 1.50 pm, you will be enter the masjid and a volunteer will scan your QR code at the entrance
6. Upon entry, place your shoes in the shoe rack and immediately proceed to the marked locations inside the musallah and be seated
7. Imam arrives at 2 pm sharp
8. There will be one adhan after which the Imam will do short khutbah followed by Jumuah salat
9. Once the salat is done, please exit the masjid in an orderly manner with physical distancing
10. Perform any sunnah prayers at home
The restrictions, registration and guidelines that are put in place are for the safety of our community members. Please adhere to these and cooperate with the volunteers.
Masjid Management Team